Ben's Vintage Toy Museum, Georgetown, Penang

Toys lover might find the Toy Museum, Penang such an interesting place. But toys lovers who were born before the 1990s might find Ben’s Vintage Toy Museum a little more attractive and remarkable. This is because besides enjoying the toys displayed, trip to the museum will bring you walk down memory lane to your amazing and colorful childhood – where kids do not play with just handphones and tablets.

So hard to find perfect timing to capture the front view as there were always too many people standing in front.. 
-__-"

The Museum is located at Lebuh Acheh, Georgetown, next to the Acheh Street Mosque and very near to the Kapitan Kling Mosque and Khoo Kongsi. You can easily find the museum while walking around the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Georgetown looking for the famous Penang Street Art. The Vintage Toy Museum displays over 10 000 vintage, old-school toys collection from as early as the 1800s up to 1995.

This is 'tikam', if you still remember.





I had the the same Game Boy and still keep it at home! I think I can also open a museum like this with the stuff I still have with me. Hahaha.


The oldest toy in the museum is the Victorian Era Triangle Horse which is handcrafted from wood made in the 1800s

I was a Dumex baby! 

I was not the only one getting all excited to see the toys once were my favourite, but so did my mom and aunty. They pointed out every toys and rides they used to play and excitingly told us stories on their childhood. My husband got his hands on almost every toys that are available to play with. But my little cousin who was born in 1995 has the least memories of the toys. But she enjoyed the visit anyway. And enjoyed making fun of "our" toys.



Ben’s Vintage Toy Museum opens daily from 10.00am to 6.00pm, including public holidays. The museum is closed on Mondays.

Admission fee is RM6 for adults and RM 3 for child.

I enjoyed the visit and I bet you would too.

2 comments: